Main image

Friday, July 23

FUZZY FRIDAY





Fuzzy Friday:
Interview with Kaeti owner of tylerponcho




Tell us how you start your day.
Coffee, bumping into things, and setting up Tyler Poncho so he looks perky and encouraging for a day of work.

Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up in Waukesha, WI. Last night I had a dream that we had skyscrapers in the "downtown", but alas, they don't exist.
I currently live in an even smaller town, technically a village, Oregon, WI, which is just south of Madison, WI.

What makes where you live special?
It's nice and safe, has public parks. We're able to work in our favored professions and live and visit our families.

Tell us about how you got started creating plush.
I started sewing in elementary school and recreated a few of my favorite toy mice. I started making them again a few years ago to entertain myself in our tiny apartment.



What inspires you?
Awkward looking animals, animals making silly expressions, my husband's silly brain.

What would your perfect day be like?
Sunny, with eggs and blueberries. All my business dealings are happy and productive, I finish a whole bunch of cute plushies and line them up and make Tyler pretend to eat them all.



If you had to choose another medium, what would it be?
I was painting more before I got so serious into plushes. Right now I'm preferring acrylic and watercolor over ink, but oil can be nice when you want to get fancy.

What's the one thing you can't live without?
My husband, Jon.



Extra: Tell us a random fact about yourself!
I write backwards! I'm left-handed so ink can smear sometimes so I got in the habit of writing backwards like Leonardo Da Vinci.

Random Silly Question:
If Wyle E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME stuff, why didn't he just buy food?
It's not about the food or the money, it's about doing what you love.


Web tylerponcho.com
Etsy tylerponcho.etsy.com
Kaeti is also a member of the Etsy Plush Team

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this interview! Kaeti has a wonderful sense of humor and her plushies are fab!

Post a Comment

RSS Feed