Main image

Friday, September 3

FUZZY FRIDAY





Fuzzy Friday:
Interview with Aplushplush


Tell us how you start your day.
I usually work until about 3-4am on my creations. Catch a quick nap until about 8:46am, get up make some chocolate milk, then I am out the door by 9:00am for a bike ride into my day job.

Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I Grew up in Wilmington, Delaware, I now live in San Francisco, California.

What makes where you live special?
The fresh air, the fog, the hills, the streets, the homeless, the buffalo in Golden Gate park, the art scene, the bike culture, my friends.





Tell us about how you got started creating plush.
I went to college in 1995 for a fine arts degree, then I went back to school for a toy design degree in 2005. One of the first classes I took was a plush design class where we had to cut, sew, and fill our own "teddy" bear from existing patterns. Ever since grade school I have wanted to learn how to use a sewing machine, I guess I didn't bug my mom enough for her to teach me. Anyway, once I learned my way around the machine I found it quite relaxing to sew.

What inspires you?
Nature, children, laughter, science, bikes, cookies, milk, innovation, Rene Magritte





What would your perfect day be like?
Waking up riding my bike, eating a bunch of cookies and drinking milk. Meeting up with my friends and family on the road and go for a sunrise bike ride to a barbque in a giant sequoia forest. Then spending the rest of the day in the woods laughing and frolicking about.

If you had to choose another medium, what would it be?
Stencils

What's the one thing you can't live without?
Cookies and milk and bike






Extra: Tell us a random fact about yourself!
I am friends with the man who created He-Man.


Random Silly Question:
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Who's chuck?!!


Flickr
Aplushplush.etsy.com
Aplushplush is also a member of the Etsy Plush Team

1 comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed